[vtkusers] Rotating a vtk actor using world coordinates

Drak draktharrblorf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 11:52:25 EDT 2015

Is there any way to rotate an actor using world coordinates while choosing
the center of rotation?

What I want is to be able to translate and rotate my actor using world
coordinates, and not the coordinates of the actor. For example. If I use

actor->RotateX(45);
actor->RotateY(45);

my actor will rotate around its center, but its second rotation in y will be
applied using the axis of the actor.

If I use this instead

actor->RotateWXYZ(45, 1, 0, 0);
actor->RotateWXYZ(45, 0, 1, 0);

My actor will rotate using the world coordinates like I want for both
rotation, but will only rotate around the center of the world, and not the
center of the actor...

Can I rotate around both the center of the actor and using the world axes
coordinates?