[vtkusers] Augmented reality: Ascension technology , NDI spectra and VTK

Atul sharmaatul11 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 09:18:50 EDT 2015

Hi there,

I have been trying to develop an augmented reality system using position
sensors and VTK. This augmented reality system would combine endoscope image
with the 3D VTK model.
I could successfully make an AR system with Ascension EM tracker, which can
run on a torso phantom and its 3D model. The tracking of the real and
virtual scenes looks good.
However, when I replace EM tracker with the NDI spectra optical tracker  in
the same AR system the tracking of the real and the virtual scene does not
look good (please look into the images below).
Do I need to do some tweak to replace EM tracker with NDI Spectra optical
tracker.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Atul