[vtkusers] Set axis label at vtkChartXY in C++ -- how?

Vit miptsu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 19:41:51 EDT 2015

I am new in VTK (this is my 1st week of trying to use this lib for data
visualization), and I started from the simplest thing -- 2D chart. It is ok
with plotting and data updating but despite 3 days of googling I still have
no answer: *how to change axis labels*.

I found  similar
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/vtkChartXY-SetTitle-problem-and-vtk-Interactor-problem-td5721404.html>
question with no answer. My problem with no access to  is the same (code
also shown on 2013 webinar  charting with VTK <http://www.vtk.org/webinars/>
at 15:30):

and

Also I found this  example
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/WishList/Plotting/PlotLegacyMethod>
, but its description "the charts examples always seem to render slightly
differently" looks not very attractive.

Bottom picture  here <http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Charts/ChartAPI>   proofs
that changing axis name ("arc_length") for  vtkChartXY approach is possible.
But please add example there (or here) -- how to change default "X Axis" in
2015 (not 2013)?

My config is: Win 8.1, minGW64, Eclipse IDE, and last 6.2 *stable* src from
vtk.org compiled by minGW64.