[vtkusers] Can't see Module_vtkGUISupportQtOpenGL in Cmake

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Aug 5 13:16:15 EDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 15:58:46 +0000, Khojaste, Amir wrote:
> I am trying to integrate Qt with VTK. It seems that when configuring
> in CMake, I should be able to see the module
> "Module_vtkGUISupportQtOpenGL". I can't see this module though. I have
> QT5OpenGL libraries installed. I am using the following:

If the module is turned on by some other mechanism (e.g., required by
another module or the group it is in is turned on), the variable is
hidden and assumed to be "ON". If you open the CMakeCache.txt file, you
should see it with the "INTERNAL" type and the user-specified value if
it were not turned on. It should also be mentioned in the output when
CMake is running if it is enabled (and the modules/groups requiring it).

> *         Cmake 2.8.12
>
> *         VTK 6.2.0

You need to use the OpenGL1 backend for this module to work in 6.2.0. In
6.3.0, it should also work with OpenGL2.

> *         Visual Studio 2013 Professional Version
>
> *         Debug Mode
>
> *         X32
>
> *         Qt5

FYI, Qt5 has a bug[1] which makes interaction with QVTKWidget2…erratic.
All mouse events are delivered and the lag when reacting to mouse events
makes interactions appear to last ~1.5x to 2x longer than the actual
physical interaction.

--Ben

[1]https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/115531/