[vtkusers] How to properly use quadratic cell types ?

mightos mightos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 06:08:41 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am using VTK to do some visualization of 3D meshes. The cells in my model
are* quadratric quads*. Until now, I've cheated by using *simple quads* and
by skipping the mid-edge nodes.

I now need to display quadratric quads instead. By simply changing the type
and adding mid-edge nodes in my script I was able to make it work. However,
the quadratic quads looks somewhat "folded" and new edges appeared inside.

*Is there a way to get a simple curvature and remove these edges inside ?*

Here is what I get. (Quadratic quad on the left, Simple quad on the right)
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5733268/Visualization_Toolbox.jpg>

Thank you in advance for your kind help :)