[vtkusers] coloring PolyDataMappers in python

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Aug 4 14:24:57 EDT 2015

In that case, you can leave out the vtkLookupTable altogether and set the
color in your actor instead

actor = vtk.vtkActor()
actor.SetMapper(mapper)
property = actor.GetProperty()
property.SetColor(*rgb_cluster_mapping[cluster_ind])

HTH,
Cory

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Tudor Achim <tachim at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> No, I'd like the entire mesh to be one color (and opacity).
>
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Cory Quammen <cory.quammen at kitware.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Are you trying to color map a particular data array in the contour?
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Tudor Achim <tachim at cs.stanford.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I have a quick question about coloring vtkPolyMappers. I have the
>>> following code:
>>>
>>> for cluster_ind in ...:
>>> threshold = vtk.vtkImageThreshold()
>>> threshold.SetInputConnection(importer.GetOutputPort())
>>> threshold.ThresholdBetween(cluster_ind-0.1, cluster_ind+0.1)
>>> threshold.ReplaceInOn()
>>> threshold.SetInValue(0)
>>> threshold.ReplaceOutOn()
>>> threshold.SetOutValue(1)
>>> threshold.Update()
>>>
>>> dmc = vtk.vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes()
>>> dmc.SetInputConnection(threshold.GetOutputPort())
>>> dmc.GenerateValues(1, 1, 1)
>>> dmc.Update()
>>>
>>> mapper = vtk.vtkPolyDataMapper()
>>> mapper.SetInputConnection(dmc.GetOutputPort())
>>>
>>> lut = vtk.vtkLookupTable()
>>> lut.SetNumberOfTableValues(2)
>>> lut.SetTableValue(0, 0, 0, 255)
>>> lut.SetTableValue(1, *rgb_cluster_mapping[cluster_ind])
>>> lut.Build()
>>> mapper.SetLookupTable(lut)

--
Cory Quammen