[vtkusers] Will VTK 6.3 support Visual Studio 2015?

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Aug 4 12:58:31 EDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 17:55:38 +0200, Niels Dekker - address until 2018 wrote:
> Thanks for your reply! Can you please be more specific on how to
> reproduce the internal compiler error in MSVC2015? Do I understand
> correctly that it occurs when building a source file from IO/EnSight?
> If so, which particular source file triggers the internal compiler error?

Oh, I already fixed it:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/ben.boeckel/vtk/commit/385e0e76931272f2402727412d100b1d35a5d0c4

If you would like to figure out a better reason *why* this fixes it, I'd
be grateful :) . Basically, if either of the statements in the if ()
block were there, it ICE'd and if both were commented out, it was fine.
Adding a "std::cerr << fileNum << std::endl;" also fixed the ICE, so I
figured the optimizer is getting things screwed up somewhere.

> My VTK CMakeCache.txt says: "Module_vtkIOEnSight:INTERNAL=OFF". So I
> guess that means that vtkIOEnSight is disabled by default. How can I
> enable vtkIOEnSight, in order to reproduce the compiler error?

:INTERNAL means that it'd be off if it were't requested by some other
reader. It only occurs in Release mode. Check the output of configure to
see if it is already enabled and what is dragging it in.

Thanks,

--Ben