[vtkusers] Building and using VTK for Android on Windows?

Prevrhal, Sven Sven.Prevrhal at philips.com
Mon Apr 27 12:00:46 EDT 2015

Hi, I am unsure how to follow the instructions to build the Android target on Windows (http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/860 and http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/434) .  My problem is that many of the settings I make in cmake-gui seem to not influence the build. I want to build vtk 6.2.0 on Win 8.1 VS 2013 x64, with Ninja and Cmake 3.2.2. I can configure and generate from cmake-gui for Android. It builds and installs, but CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX  is ignored (it uses the default c:\Program Files). I don't know whether it is now actually configured for OpenGL2 instead of OpenGL, as I had specified in cmake-gui. Python wrapping is also ignored - do I have to build that separately?

2nd question - is there a howto on how to actually build the Android examples, ideally importing them into Android Studio or Eclipse, set all the paths etc etc?

With regards,
Sven