[vtkusers] Python FindClosestPoint

Jean-Michel jm.lucas at gantha.com
Thu Apr 23 12:05:10 EDT 2015

Dear all,

I have an Unstructured Grid and I am trying to find the id of the closest
point to a given point defined by three coordinates (x,y,z).

I tried using the FindClosestPoint function of the PointLocator, but it did
not work so far. Running pid=vtk.vtkPointLocator.FindClosestPoint(x,y,z)
returns "TypeError: unbound method requires a vtkPointLocator as the first
argument".

I would appreciate if someone could explain to me what I am doing wrong or
missing. Thanks in advance for your time.

Jean-Michel

---