[vtkusers] Problems with vtkMatrix4x4 to vtkImageReslice

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 10:02:03 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 7:15 AM, JoseBarretoT <jose.de.paula at live.com>
wrote:

> Hello users,
> excuse me for ignorance, but I'm having a problem with vtkMatrix4x4.
>
> I am creating ImageReslice following a plan generated by vtkPolyline
> (various segments of straight), but in now to fill SetResliceAxes, must
> pass
> a vtkMatrix4x4.
>
> What are the parameters stop SetElement? I ran into something that tells me
> to be X, Y, Z and the fourth parameter would be what?

The first three columns are the the direction cosine vectors (for these,
the 4th component should be zero).  The three direction cosine vectors
should be perpendicular to each other.

The fourth column (whose 4th component must be 1.0) gives a translation,
defined with respect to the coordinate system of the input of
vtkImageReslice.

 - David