[vtkusers] Labels for Plots in vtkChart?

Joseph Melnyk JMelnyk at pile.com
Mon Apr 20 12:51:26 EDT 2015

Is there a facility to add a label to a plot in vtkChart?  For example, have a specific value in the plot be labeled to indicate it's special, or label the first value in the plot with the plot's name?  From my understanding, nothing like this currently exists, and I'm exploring how difficult it would be to adapt what's currently there.  It seems it may be possible to create something from vtkBlockItem or vtkTooltipItem to be "labels" but some scene coordinate translation would need to be done and vtkChartXY mouse events would need to move the objects around manually when the chart is zoomed/panned, etc...

Anyway, I'm just curious if there's something available that I'm missing.  It seems like a desirable feature, in my opinion.

Joe