[vtkusers] Debugging into VTK through Activiz .NET?

Tom MacAdam vtk.user.12 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:39:38 EDT 2015

Has anyone had any luck running debug builds of VTK (6.1) and Activiz .NET
and stepping into the VTK code (C++) through the Activiz (C#) wrappers?

For instance, for me, I cannot step into a call like
vtkDataSetAttributes_SetActiveScalars_71 below:

   public int SetActiveScalars(string name)
   {
      int rv = vtkDataSetAttributes_SetActiveScalars_71(this.GetCppThis(),
name);
      return rv;
   }

(this example is in the vtkDataSetAttributes.cs file)  I've built VTK and
Activiz with VS2008, but using with an app being developed on VS2013 (i.e.
that's where I'm doing the debugging).

Could it be because Kitware.Mummy.Runtime.dll seems to be built without
debug symbols?

Thanks,
Tom.