[vtkusers] intersecting polygons

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Apr 1 10:01:25 EDT 2015

There is no filter in VTK that I know of that will do this. The complaint
that a vtkImageData is required is because that filter expects vtkImageData
as input, and you gave it vtkPolyData - in other words, it won't work.

You might try this contribution on the VTK journal:
http://www.vtkjournal.org/browse/publication/949

HTH,
Cory

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 5:24 AM, mbcx9rb9 <richard.j.brown at live.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A very simple question I think. I'd like to produce a polygon representing
> the overlap between two overlaps (in this case a circle and a rectangle). I
> have tried vtkImageDifference and vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter to no
> avail.
>
> I generated the circle using vtkRegularPolygonSource and the square with
> vtkPoints with vtkPolyon to create a vtkCellArray to create vtkPolyData.
>
> My problem, however, is when using SetInputConnection for
> vtkImageDifference
> or vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter, I get the error "Input for connection
> index 0 on input port index 1 for algorithm
> vtkImageDifference(0x7ff2ea844400) is of type vtkPolyData, but a
> vtkImageData is required."
>
> Can anyone give me any pointers? It seems like such a simple task but I'm
> stumped.
>
> Regards
>

> --

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ