[vtkusers] VTK6: vtkTextActor scaling and justification

Michael Bachmann Michael.Bachmann at synopsys.com
Fri Sep 26 14:12:34 EDT 2014

Hi all!

I'm having trouble with getting the same (or at least similar) text scaling and justification behavior using vtkTextActor in VTK 6 like it was in VTK 5.
Therefore I reported a bug on Mantis with scripts which allow to reproduce the issue I'm facing and a description how to reproduce the issue:

http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=14963

The problem description reads as follows:
In the attached example, the text actor is configured such that the text to display has a height of 3% of the viewport and is centered to the viewport.

When starting the example the text is centered and the height of the text is OK.

However: when maximizing the Window, the text is not centered anymore and it is also not scaled up to 3% of the maximized window.

Using vtk 5.10.1 scaling/justification worked as expected.
Using vtk 6.1.0 the described issue can be reproduced.