[vtkusers] Fixing vtkPolyDataToImageStencil

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 13:10:03 EDT 2014

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the feedback.

I can briefly explain why the problem occurred.  The algorithm has
two major steps: 1) cutting the polydata surface into 2D contours,
and 2) rasterizing the contours in order to make a binary stencil.
My patch fixes numerical stability problems step 1, because I have
very good reason to believe that step 1 was where the errors were
occurring.

 - David