[vtkusers] vtkCamera focal length to pixels

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 11:08:59 EDT 2014

By pixels, you mean screen pixels?  The camera's vertical field of view,
in pixels, is equal to the height of the viewport, which you can get by
calling GetSize() on the renderer.  The vertical field of view, in mm, is
controlled by setting the ViewAngle and Distance of the camera.  The
distance, field of view, and view angle are related by a simple equation
involving the arctan of half the view angle.  Draw a diagram and you
should be able to derive the equation without much trouble ;)

 - David