[vtkusers] Outline of a result from a vtkimagereslicemapper

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:22:21 EDT 2014

Hi Doug,

In order to create a polydata that outlines the slice, you'll need
to use the vtkCutter:

1) use GenerateFacesOn() on the vtkOutlineFilter to make it create
a closed box

2) use vtkCutter to cut the box with the slice plane from the mapper
(mapper->GetSlicePlane() or mapper->GetSlicePlaneInDataCoords())
in order to create a polyline that outlines the slice

3) I also recommend passing the polyline through vtkTubeFilter in
order to give the outline a finite thickness

 - David