[vtkusers] Unstructured grid to structured grid?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:00:30 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Chris Marsh <chris.marsh at usask.ca> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the reply, this is slowly starting to make sense. That call did
> in fact fix the bounds issues. However, the output still looks like it did
> in the above screenshot.
>
>>The plane is already composed of cells, so you should not run it
> through Delaunay.
>
> This is what perplexed me about the above linked example.
>
> What is the best way to write the probe results to a file then?

At the beginning, I was hinting that you should probe with a
vtkImageData, which you could have written out as an image
(either as raw data, or as a png, etc).  But now that you have
the probed data as a polydata plane, you'll have to get the
scalars that are associated with the points that make up the
polydata.  GetPointData()->GetScalars() will return an array
that contains all the scalars.  See the VTK text for an in-depth
description of how data is stored in a VTK data set.

 - David