[vtkusers] GPURenderDemo- Difference between linux OS and Windows OS

Emptystack wulihouxiaoshuai at 163.com
Tue Sep 16 04:09:30 EDT 2014

Recently I am focusing on Volume Rendering  using VTK ubuntu OS, recently I
found a problem releated memory.It seemly takes more memory on linux os than
windows os with the same code and same input image. In order to test my
idea, I have done the following things:
In the VTK's  directory, there is an Example named GPURenderDemo,so I
compile this example and run on linux and windows operating system, and my
inout image data's size is 335 MB. And the occupied memory on windows is 460
MB, but 739 MB on linux. Someone can tell  me what happened on window os and
on linux os?

Many thanks and best wishes!

Looking forward to everyone reply!