[vtkusers] Unstructured grid to structured grid?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 18:10:27 EDT 2014

Hi Chris,

This sounds like a job for vtkProbeFilter.  The probe filter takes two inputs,
the "input" and the "source".  The idea is that it resamples the scalars from
the "source" onto the geometry of the "input".  So, in this case, the "source"
is your unstructured grid, and the "input" is any vtkImageData that has the
origin, spacing, and extent that you want to use for the regridding.  The
output of vtkProbeFilter will be an image that has the same geometry as
the input, but that has pixel values that have been interpolated from your
unstructured grid.  You should be able to find several examples on the
wiki.

 - David