[vtkusers] The color of the triangle mesh is affected after I call SetScalars

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Sep 1 21:08:59 EDT 2014

In fact, you CAN store the color and weight information at the same
time, as long as they have different names. I don't know what the PLY
writer names its scalars, nor do I know what the
vtkDijkstraGraphGeodesicPath names its scalars outputs. If the reader
and filter do not assign a name to their output scalar arrays, then
indeed the colors from the PLY writer will be overwritten by the
scalars from vtkDijkstraGraphGeodesicPath.

Is it possible to post a small, self-contained piece of code that
shows what you are trying to do, and a small representative PLY file?
That will make it easier to guide you on what needs to be done.

Thanks,
Cory