[vtkusers] Exploded view

mbcx9rb9 richard.j.brown at live.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 11:49:04 EDT 2014

I have just started a PhD looking at a brain cancers. I am currently hoping
to create an applet that will display the areas of interest around the
cancer.

Just after surgery, the cancerous area is empty, so I was contemplating the
idea of doing edge detection of a CT DICOM to find where the air meets
tissue to visualise where the tumour was.

After I have found the volume, it should be simple enough to calculate the
centre of mass of the tumour. Following this, I think I would like to create
3 orthogonal cutting planes going through the brain so that the brain is
split into 8 parts, centered around the tumour.

I would hope to show this all as an exploded view so that I can display the
tumor, and the 8 other segments all side by side. I want to do this so that
I can run GATE simulations on the uptake of activity in the tumourous area
and the healthy sections touching it and see the results as a function of
colour.

Is this feasible?

If I haven't explained how I envisage the final visualisation, imagine a
peach - take out the stone and cut the rest into 8ths (half it, half those,
and half all those). I want to show the stone and the 8ths with specific
focus on the areas of the peach that were touching the stone.

Thanks in advance for the help