[vtkusers] How to automatically update render when the input data is changed?

weifeng0715 weifeng0715 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:51:21 EDT 2014

Dear All,
  I have the following program

.h header file:
class SimpleView : public QMainWindow
{
      SimpleView();
  ~SimpleView();
       virtual void slotExecute();
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer> m_renderer;

}

.cpp source file:
SimpleView::SimpleView()
{
   m_renderer = vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer>::New();
   this->ui->qvtkWidget->GetRenderWindow()->AddRenderer(m_renderer);
   connect(this->ui->actionExecute, SIGNAL(triggered()), this,
SLOT(slotExecute()));
}

void SimpleView::slotExecute()
{
    VTK_CREATE(vtkAssembly,stlAssembly);
    m_renderer->AddActor(stlAssembly);
    m_renderer->AddActor2D(scalarBar);
}

So, slotExecute is triggered whenever I click the actionExecute button.
What I want to do is to update the m_renderer whenever the content of
stlAssembly is changed.
The problem is that m_renderer would add many vtkAssembly files and
scalarbar many times.