[vtkusers] Displaying the degree symbol "\u00B0" in vtkCornerAnnotation

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Wed Oct 22 11:36:28 EDT 2014

Hi Alok,

As for the differences between vtkCornerAnnotation and vtkTextActor,
vtkCornerAnnotation uses the vtkTextMapper under the covers, which hasn't
seen as much attention lately as the other classes.

I don't have time at the moment to track down why the "\u00b0" literal is
getting garbled, but I did notice that using "\xb0" instead seems to be
work fine. It seems to be something screwy in the utf8 --> utf16 conversion
before rendering...

Try using "\xb0" instead and let me know if that works for you.

Hope this helps,
Dave