[vtkusers] Fixing vtkPolyDataToImageStencil

ryan45 ryan45 at uab.edu
Mon Oct 20 14:16:32 EDT 2014

Thanks David.

I have tested and it’s working great.  Also, the overall speed of my program is much faster since I no longer have to use vtkCleanPolyData.

- Ryan
On Oct 20, 2014, at 10:35 AM, David Gobbi [via VTK] <ml-node+s1045678n5729180h32 at n5.nabble.com<mailto:ml-node+s1045678n5729180h32 at n5.nabble.com>> wrote:

Hi Richard, Ryan,

I have modified vtkPolyDataToImageStencil so that it works with the data sets that you provided (thanks for making them available to me).  Richard's data used to fail because it had several short horizontal line segments, and there was a bug in the code when horizontal line segments were close to a pixel boundary.  Ryan's data set had some short "spurs" (tiny line segments branching off of the main contour) that confused the algorithm, but I've extended the algorithm so that it removes short branches.

The most recent code is at the following URL.  It will hopefully be merged into VTK sometime this week.  Thanks again for the test code and the data, it made it much easier for me to pinpoint the bugs.

http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/17021/

 - David