[vtkusers] using vtkPlaybackWidget in Python code

Davide Mancusi arekfu at yahoo.it
Fri Oct 17 10:14:35 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have written a Python application that relies on VTK to do some
scientific visualization. I would like to use the vtkPlaybackWidget
but I have the impression that the Python binding is useless. I am
supposed to override the virtual methods in the
vtkPlaybackRepresentation base class, but the Python bindings do not
allow that. I thought to add an observer that reacts to the
"EndInteractionEvent" when the widget is clicked, but I cannot figure
out how to extract the coordinates of the clicked point. Can anyone
please help me?

Cheers,
Davide