[vtkusers] Resizing dicom files to same volume

Wright James (NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde) jamie.wright at nhs.net
Tue Oct 14 10:58:03 EDT 2014

Hi David,

Thanks for your insight. Yes without applying a reslice transform all I was managing to do with vtkImageReslice was pad the bounding box with zeros or chop off part of the data when I was attempting to align the datasets.

So I have to apply SetResliceTransform() to vtkImageReslice passing in a vtkAbstractTransform to go from one coordinate space to the other. I will only require a linear transform as there shouldn't be any deformation between them. I have the origin of both datasets (0,0,0), the spacing of the voxels in each dataset and the dimensions of the images. Could you tell me what kind of transform I should be applying to shrink one dataset (or expand the other) so they match? Or a reference to documentation would be helpful

thanks

Jamie Wright