[vtkusers] Problems with multiple vtkSphereWidgets

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Oct 9 17:03:33 EDT 2014

Rahul,

VTK does not perform well with many actors, so if you have a separate
vtkActor for each sphere, performance can get very slow.

You might want to try vtkGlyph3D with your marker points set as the input.

See http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filtering/Glyph3D for an
example of how this is done with box glyphs. You can change the
vtkCubeSource to vtkSphereSource for your application.

Hope that helps,
Cory