[vtkusers] offscreen rendering on linux

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 8 08:24:31 EDT 2014

On 10/08/2014 02:51 AM, Emptystack wrote:
> I have used the attached code to test offscreen rendering.I works well on
> windows os,but on linux a blank window will always appear.I have searched
> the relevant topics on the VTK forum,everyone  has different opinion,I have
> tried some methods but it failed. Has someone used the VTK to develop
> offscreen rendering and GPU accelerated rendering ? Can you give me some
> suggestions?
>
> Best wishes!

I build VTK against Mesa with OSMesa every night for the dashboard.

Almost all tests pass for the offscreen builds and the DISPLAY
environment variable is not even set ( any attempt to open a window will
fail. )

I build my own Mesa with the update_mesa.sh script.

I build VTK with the CMake configuration in vtk_osmesa.cmake.