[vtkusers] vtk installation CMake java problem

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Thu Nov 20 11:03:23 EST 2014

Hi James,

Please keep the thread on the mailing list so other community members could
benefit from your question as well.

So first of all, why did you turn ON both VTK_JAVA_JOGL_COMPONENT and
VTK_JAVA_SWT_COMPONENT?

Turning any of those option require that you have already the SWT native
library or the JOGL library installed on your system. On top of that, none
of them is required to have a VTK with Java Wrapping working.

In fact, you can probably just download the generated binaries from our VTK
dashboard if you don't want to build VTK yourself here:

http://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK&filtercount=1&field1=groupname/string&compare1=63&value1=Super-build

Then if you truly want to build VTK and have the JOGL rendering classes
available on top of the default ones, then the best approach is to get them
using Maven. And you should make sure you provide the path to the proper
jar inside your CMake config. (You may need to toggle the advance mode to
see them).

Seb