[vtkusers] ITK & VTK clarifications

Aravind Bhat aravind.bhat at tcs.com
Fri Nov 14 06:47:02 EST 2014

Hello,

We have few queries using ITK and VTK.  Request your help to clarify the
doubts.

1. Does ActViz.NET C# wrapper support all the C++ libraries of VTK ( for
eg:  widgets like vtkDistanceWidget, vtkAngleRepresentation2D,
vtkImageBlend ..etc ). Which VTK version that supports ActViz.NET C#
wrapper ?

2. Does SimpleITK C# wrapper support all the C++ libraries of ITK. Which i
ITK version supports SimpleITK C# wrapper ?

3.  Can we integrate VTK & ITK C# wrappers with WPF/WinForms (   for e.g:
integrate 2D Rendering window used by vtkImageViewer on WPF/WinForms. ) ?

4.  Is super imposing two different input formats ( for eg .dcm
and.jpg/.png   )is supported in VTK ?

5. Does VTK support all dicom formats. ( eg Dicom with reference markers
for calibration ) ?

6. Is ITK & VTK are cross platform compatible for eg for use in Apple IOS.

Thnx
Aravind Bhat
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: aravind.bhat at tcs.com