[vtkusers] vtkHardwareSelector Can't work with vtkUnstructuredGrid data?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Nov 10 10:58:24 EST 2014

VTK won't render UnstructuredGrid (UG) directly (other than in volume
rendering) either.

So, apply the vtkDataSetSurface (DSSF) filter to convert the outer skin of
the UG data into a vtkPolyData and render+select that.

The PassThough*Ids methods on the DSSF are there to maintain the
correspondence of input cells to output cells so that you can figure out
what exactly was selected in the UG.

cheers

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.