[vtkusers] Extract a tube of data from DICOM series data

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 12:10:02 EST 2014

Hi Vincent,

This can be done with vtkROIStencilSource, which can be used
to create a cylindrical region for use with vtkImageStencil.  The
code would be something like this:

stencilSource = vtkROIStencilSource()
stencilSource.SetShapeToCylinderZ()
stencilSource.SetBounds(upstream.GetOutput().GetBounds())
stencilSource.SetInformationInput(upstream.GetOutput())
stencilFilter = vtkImageStencil()
stencilFilter.SetInputConnection(upstream.GetOutputPort())
stencilFilter.SetStencilConnection(stencilSource.GetOutputPort())

 - David