[vtkusers] [VTK] Clipping plane in ImplicitPlaneWidget example

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Fri May 30 05:17:52 EDT 2014

Hi there,
I was trying to execute the ImplicitPlaneWidget example [1]. I have tried
both VTK 5.6.1 and 6.1.0.

The thing is that I was expecting to get the clipping plane as displayed in
the mentioned example. A similar example is shown in the "The Visualization
Toolkit" book (3rd ed.) (ch 7.18).

However, the sphere is indeed cut (attached a screenshot), but no clipping
plane is displayed, and thus no interaction is possible through the
implicit plane.

What else am I supposed to add to get a similar result?

As a side note, I had to add the vtkWidgets library to the link libraries
list for vtk 5.6.1, but not for 6.1.0 (so, if this is correct, I can edit
the wiki example to account for this). I have noticed that the vtkHybrid
library is actually no longer built by vtk 6.1.0 [2].

Thanks,
JON HAITZ

[1] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Widgets/ImplicitPlaneWidget2
[2] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/FAQ#Writing_a_simple_CMakeLists.txt