[vtkusers] unable to run TCL examples (vtk61)

John Anaia john.anaia at gmail.com
Fri May 23 02:46:26 EDT 2014

I built VTK6.1 using VS2012 on Windows 8.1 successfully.  I turned on
WRAP_TCL with Tcl 8.5 on my machine. All C++ examples and tests were built
and run OK. When I open any Tcl example with vtk.exe (release version), I
got the following error messages:

-----
couldn't change working directory to "c:/vtk61/vtkbin/bin/RelWithDebInfo":
no such file or directory
attempt to provide package vtkCommonCoreTC 6.1 failed: no version of
package vtkCommonCoreTCL provided.
attempt to provide package vtk6.1 failed, no version of package vtk
provided.
-----

I set TCLLIBPATH=C:/vtk61/vtkbin/Wrapping/Tcl as an environmental variable
c:\vtk61\install\bin is in my Path environmental variable

Do I miss anything? Your assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you
John