[vtkusers] vtkTreeAreaView

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Wed May 21 06:44:32 EDT 2014

folks

I am visualizing hierarchical data with any of the vtkTreeAreaView(s) where one of my XML attributes is size (in a given unit) of the objects in my hierarchy.

view.SetAreaColorArrayName("size") gives me the correct coloring, but I wanted to also have the size of the leaves (and of the intermediate nodes on the tree) be proportional to the real objects' size (or the aggregate size at any level). In fact, my XML data has the correct aggregate size at any level, but what I see instead is that the display size is proportional to the number of objects one level down. Looking at the layout strategy and other objects, I could not figure out how to achieve this.

Would someone be able to provide some tips? I am quite a beginner with InfoVis.