[vtkusers] unable to run Tcl example

John Anaia john.anaia at gmail.com
Mon May 19 21:48:48 EDT 2014

I managed to compile VTK61 with VS2012 on Windows 8.1 x64 with Qt 5.2.1
successfully with these fixes.

Added this entry on CMake GUI to fix OpenGL related issue:
CMake_Prefix_Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64

Disabled Build_Examples because CMake failed to configure some examples

I still have unresolved errors about cmTryCompileExec on CMAKE.

I wrapped Tcl and set TCLLIBPATH correctly and associated Tcl files to
vtk.exe. However, when I started a Tcl script, I got an error message that
says "attempt to provide package vtk6.1 failed; no version of package vtk
provided". I do not know what is wrong. I have VTK 5.8 + Qt4.7 running OK
on another PC.

I have Tcl 8.6.1. Is this version supported? In addition to check WRAP_TCL
on CMAKE GUI, do I miss any other Tcl-related parameter

Thank you for your help
John