[vtkusers] Installation of VTK in Code::Blocks

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu May 15 15:13:57 EDT 2014

Hi Sonya,

Chris is correct. The vtkpython distribution's purpose is to allow people
try the python interface to VTK without having  to compile VTK from source
to get there. As such it lowers the barrier to entry quite a bit.

To build the 6.1 vtkpython executables, I used this super build repository:
https://github.com/demarle/VTK-superbuild
on windows I compiled with visual studio 9.

I am hoping to get a proper SDK out in the next release, so that people
will be able to use VTK as a C++ library in their own applications without
having to compile it, again without having to compile it from source.

hth

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer