[vtkusers] How to get grid result from vtkWarpVector ??

Fabio Canesin fabio.canesin at gmail.com
Tue May 13 12:06:27 EDT 2014

Dear vtkusers,

Can someone help in the usage of vtkWarpVector, I need to load the
deformed grid, this should be the result of applying vtkWarpVector in
the 'Total_displacement' field.

I have tried:

warp = vtk.vtkWarpVector()
warp.SetInputConnection(pregrid.GetProducerPort())
warp.Vectors = ['POINTS', 'Total_displacement']
warp.SetScaleFactor(1.0)
Extract = vtk.vtkExtractUnstructuredGrid()
Extract.SetInputConnection(warp.GetOutputPort())
deformed_grid = Extract.GetOutput()

Where pregrid is a vtkUnstrcturedGrid with the 'Total_displacement' as
PointData. When I execute it I get the original mesh, without the
warping.

Any help ??

Best regards,
Fábio Canesin