[vtkusers] Old (VTK5) code on "official" help page

Christopher Mullins christopher.mullins at kitware.com
Mon May 12 09:54:36 EDT 2014

I think it should probably be removed.  The sphere example is here [1] and
the Quadric example is here [2].

I'll contact the website maintainers.

 The wiki example looks a little different, but you can get the same figure
displayed in the Quadric example in [2] by uncommenting the "Other()"
function, uncommenting these lines

// Create five surfaces F(x,y,z) = constant between range specified
  /*
  vtkContourFilter *contours = vtkContourFilter::New();
  contours->SetInput(sample->GetOutput());
  contours->GenerateValues(5, 0.0, 1.2);
  */

and commenting these lines

double xmin = -10, xmax=11, ymin=-10, ymax=10, zmin=-10, zmax=10;
  sample->SetModelBounds(xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax, zmin, zmax);

in PlotFunction().

We are in the middle of a redesign of the website, where we hope to make
the wiki more prominent, but in the meantime I think it's safe to replace
this link with a link to the Examples page.

[1] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/GeometricObjects/Sphere
[2]
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/DisplayQuadraticSurfaces

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 8:20 AM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:

> A user recently pointed out that the code here:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/VTK/help/examplecode.html
>
> is for VTK5 only. Can someone update this? Or better yet, just remove it
> in favor of pointing at a publicly editable page so it can be maintained by
> the community? (Perhaps migrate the info on this page to a wiki page?)
>
> David

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Christopher Mullins
R&D Engineer