[vtkusers] vtkRenderedAreaPicker and vtkLODProp3D

Doug Hoppes dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com
Thu May 8 13:15:18 EDT 2014

Hi all,

                I am trying to area pick a set of points in my application and the vtkRenderedAreaPicker works great.  However, I have found that, if I use the vtkLODProp3D the pick no longer works.  My code for setting up the actor looks like (I modified the Glyph3DMapper demo since I'm trying to pick various glyphs):

      // Create anything you want here, we will use a cube for the demo.
      vtkSmartPointer<vtkCubeSource> cubeSource = vtkSmartPointer<vtkCubeSource>::New();

      vtkSmartPointer<vtkGlyph3DMapper> glyph3Dmapper = vtkSmartPointer<vtkGlyph3DMapper>::New();
      glyph3Dmapper->SetSourceConnection(cubeSource->GetOutputPort());
      glyph3Dmapper->SetInputData(polydata);
      glyph3Dmapper->Update();

      //vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor> actor = vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor>::New();
      vtkSmartPointer<vtkLODProp3D> actor = vtkSmartPointer<vtkLODProp3D>::New();
      int iFastIndex = actor->AddLOD(glyph3Dmapper, 0.0);
      actor->SetLODLevel(iFastIndex, 1.0);
      actor->PickableOn();

      // Add the actor to the scene
      renderer->AddActor(actor);