[vtkusers] Failed to find "glu32" (VTK6.1, Qt5.2.1, MSVC2012)

Christopher Mullins christopher.mullins at kitware.com
Thu May 8 08:07:46 EDT 2014

> I have not run msbuild at all. I was trying to compile VTK from source and
> at the initial stage to configure VTK in CMake.

That makes sense, not sure where I was going with that.

WindowsSDK is needed to provide Qt with the OpenGL bindings.  On my
machine, GlU32.Lib and OpenGL32.Lib are located in C:/Program
Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v7.1/Lib and adding this path to the
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH variable has solved this for me.  See [1].  Have you
tried this, or found anything else that could elucidate the problem?

[1] http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/30006

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 2:46 AM, John Anaia <john.anaia at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have not run msbuild at all. I was trying to compile VTK from source and
> at the initial stage to configure VTK in CMake.
>
> I could not find GLU32.lib on my PC. But I found four GIU32.lib in the
> folders of Windows SDk and Windows Kits folders instead. The CMake error
> showed up while I configure VTK in CMake for compiling VTK from source.Do I
> miss any OpenGL libraries?
>
> I also got several error messages saying "cmTryCompileExec2700127200.exe
> has stopped working" after specifying VTK source folder, "where to build
> binaries" and MSVC11-Win64 generator and having clicked "Configure" button.
>
> Thank you all,
> John
>

> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 12:28 AM, Christopher Mullins <
> christopher.mullins at kitware.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you, by any chance, run msbuild from the command line instead of from
>> the visual Studio environment? It's a long shot, but I've had the same
>> issue on Win7 with VS2010 where the Windows SDK hadn't been located.
>>
>> It could point to a generator problem as well. Where is glu32.lib located
>> on your system? Try setting CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to that directory at
>> configure time.
>>
>> Please let me know how it works. I'll try to document it if we can
>> isolate the problem.
>> On May 1, 2014 3:15 AM, "John Anaia" <john.anaia at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear vtkusers,
>>>
>>> While building VTK6.1 with Qt5.2.1 (MSVC2012_64_opengl prebuilt binary)
>>> using MSVC2012_x64 on Windows 8.1, I got the following error message:
>>>
>>> CMake Error at
>>> C:/Qt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/msvc2012_64_opengl/lib/cmake/Qt5Gui/Qt5GuiConfigExtras.cmake:16
>>> (message):
>>> Failed to find "glu32" in "" with CMAKE_CXX_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE "".
>>>
>>> I checked VTK_GROUP_QT, Module_vtkGUISupportQt,
>>> Module_vtkGUISupportQtOpenGL, and set QT version to 5. CMake found the
>>> following three DIR's:
>>>
>>> Qt5Core_DIR = C:/Qt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/msvc2012_64_opengl/lib/cmake/Qt5Core
>>> Qt5Gui_DIR = C:/Qt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/msvc2012_64_opengl/lib/cmake/Qt5Gui
>>> Qt5Widgets_DIR =
>>> C:/Qt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/msvc2012_64_opengl/lib/cmake/Qt5Widgets
>>>
>>> Did I miss anything?
>>>
>>> Thank you all,
>>> John

>>> Powered by www.kitware.com