[vtkusers] Question about VTKGPUVolumeRayCastMapper

Wagner Sales wsales at gmail.com
Wed May 7 14:26:54 EDT 2014

Hi Chao,

As far I now, vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper try to see if your system meet the
requirements ( a compatible graphics card with proper drivers, for example
) and will do the best to start the volume rendering. If you not sure about
your system, try starting using vtkSmartVolumeMapper instead, since this
mapper will do the choices for you, and instantiate a proper mapper ( only
will instantiate vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper if your system are compatible ).

If you really wants to instantiate vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper directly,
please provide more information about your system ( operating system
version, graphic card, etc ) and if possible provide your code too.

In next mails, please copy the list. You have more people to answer your
questions and the answers will be available to future searches.

Regards,

Wagner