[vtkusers] VTK6 - Compilation depends on graphical cards

Malsoaz James jmalsoaz at yahoo.fr
Wed May 7 11:31:06 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to move my projects to new libs, ie VTK 6.1.0 vs VTK 5.6.0. Unfortunately I have numerous bugs coming with these changes.

One of them is related to the fact that I need to compile a version of VTK for each type of graphical cards I have, ie Nvdia, Intel, Ati.
With VTK 5.6.0, I had no problem and I could use the same libs on any kind of computer.

Is it related to the fact that I have disabled the "BUILD_SHARED_LIBS" option to compile VTK?
Why this option is set by default now?

Best.
James