[vtkusers] VTK6 - Qt5 : Screenshot of a QVTKWidget using "grab()"

Malsoaz James jmalsoaz at yahoo.fr
Wed May 7 11:26:15 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to move my projects to new libs, ie VTK 6.1.0 vs VTK 5.6.0 and Qt 5.2.1 vs Qt 4.8.4. Unfortunately I have numerous bugs coming with these changes.

One of them is related to screenshot of a QVTKWidget. I'm using the "grab()" method of QWidget to get a screenshot of my application. Unfortunately the VTK scenes appear in black. I was using the same method with previous releases of libs with success.

Do you have any idea to solve the problem? I have the same results on Windows and Linux. Not tested yet on Mac OS X.
Do you think I need to play with options like VTK_USE_OSMESA to compile a proper VTK?

Best.
James