[vtkusers] Compiling PCL with VTK on fedora

Malcolm Mielle malcolm.mielle at gmail.com
Sat May 3 04:46:42 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm having this error when trying to compile a PCL example using VTK under
fedora 20 :

Linking CXX executable /home/malcolm/catkin_hydro/devel/lib/stalker/hough
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/maint.dir/src/Test/main.cpp.o: référence au symbole
non défini «_Z38vtkInteractionStyle_AutoInit_Constructv»
/usr/bin/ld: note: «_Z38vtkInteractionStyle_AutoInit_Constructv» est défini
dans le DSO /usr/lib64/vtk/libvtkInteractionStyle.so.1 donc essayez de
l'ajouter à la ligne de commande du lieur
/usr/lib64/vtk/libvtkInteractionStyle.so.1: could not read symbols:
Opération invalide
collect2: erreur: ld a retourné 1 code d'état d'exécution
make[2]: *** [/home/malcolm/catkin_hydro/devel/lib/stalker/maint] Erreur 1
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/hough.dir/src/Test/hough.cpp.o: référence au
symbole non défini «_Z38vtkInteractionStyle_AutoInit_Constructv»
/usr/bin/ld: note: «_Z38vtkInteractionStyle_AutoInit_Constructv» est défini
dans le DSO /usr/lib64/vtk/libvtkInteractionStyle.so.1 donc essayez de
l'ajouter à la ligne de commande du lieur
/usr/lib64/vtk/libvtkInteractionStyle.so.1: could not read symbols:
Opération invalide
collect2: erreur: ld a retourné 1 code d'état d'exécution
make[2]: *** [/home/malcolm/catkin_hydro/devel/lib/stalker/hough] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [Stalker/CMakeFiles/maint.dir/all] Erreur 2
make[1]: *** Attente des tâches non terminées....
make[1]: *** [Stalker/CMakeFiles/hough.dir/all] Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

I tried adding vtkHybrid and vtkRendering in the Cmake file but then, I
have :

/usr/bin didn't find -lvtkHybrid
/usr/bin didn't find -lvtkRedndering

In the end, this is the only line concerning Vtk that I have in the CMAKE :

find_package(VTK REQUIRED)
include( ${VTK_USE_FILE} )

I don't know what I've been doing wrong, any help will be super super
appreciated =). The package compile fine on Ubuntu, the problem is only on
fedora.

Thanks a lot !
--
Malcolm Mielle
Élève ingénieur à Polytech Paris UPMC spécialité Robotique.