[vtkusers] _cdeclspec error with VTK 6.1.0 on visual studio 2012

UJJWAL aryan meetukme at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 16:36:52 EDT 2014

Hi,

I built VTK 6.1.0 from source on Windows 7 64-bit system with Visual Studio
2012 Professional version installed. After building the ALL_BUILD and
INSTALL projects in VTK/build I wrote a simple VTK program (I set up
appropriate include and library directories, so I know that it is not a
problem with paths). When I try to build this project , the build does not
happen because  I end up with a linker error like this :

*vtk_1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __cdecl vtkRenderer::AddActor(class
vtkProp *)" (__imp_?AddActor at vtkRenderer@@QEAAXPEAVvtkProp@@@Z) referenced
in function main*

There are about 20 such linker errors. I have checked following things :

a) build configuration is x64 in release mode ( problem remains the same
same in the debug mode and win32 mode)

b) Compiler configuration change from /MD to /Mt does not change anything.

c) Adding \VTK\bin to system path also does not work.

Can somebody help ?

--
Ujjwal
IIIT Hyderabad