[vtkusers] Reading .vtu files in my own project

hellraiser mahehellraiser at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 12:09:44 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the VTK(visualization toolkit) and came across the
unstructured grid file format which might fit my needs in my own project. I
have a bunch of .vtu files that I want to read in my own program and create
a mesh out of it. My question is, how can I read such a file?

  - Should I use VTK's file reading capabilities and write an importer? For
this I would have integrate VTK into my project/build system.

   - Can I write my own C++ based file reader using one of the opensource
XML parsers?

Which one is the best way?

Thanks!