[vtkusers] VTK compilation with QT

Sam Raby rabysam28 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:22:28 EDT 2014

Hi Andrew,

I was about to send email and say that the error still persists. So,
changing the CMakeLists.txt did not resolve the issue. So I am now back to
the original CMakeLists.txt.

However, the thing is even after pressing "t", I did not see VTK_QT_VERSION
listed there, and hence I was not able to change the VTK_QT_VERSION to 5.
What I did not try was adding -DVTK_QT_VERSION:STRING="5" to ccmake command
line, which I should have.

However, later, I thought to use the latest version of VTK in hope the
problem gets resolved (I was using VTK6.0.0). In this regard, I checked out
the VTK using "git clone git://vtk.org/VTK.git VTK", and then when I ran
ccmake in the command line, I saw the VTK_QT_VERSION listed, and I set it
to 5. After setting the rest of ccmake parameters, it worked and I complied
VTK with Qt-enabled.

I am not sure why I had trouble compiling the 6.0.0 version of VTK with
Qt-enabled.

-S