[vtkusers] VTK compilation with QT

Sam Raby rabysam28 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:35:26 EDT 2014

Thank you Andrew for the directions.
Since I am not using GUI version of cmake, what I did was to go to the
source directory of VTK and then I added two following lines to the
CMakeLists.txt file:

set(VTK_QT_VERSION "5" CACHE STRING "Expected Qt version")
mark_as_advanced(VTK_QT_VERSION)

and then when I ran ccmake, I was able to configure VTK successfully, as
the version of Qt is now set to 5.

FYI, the two above lines are from the link below:

https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/blob/master/CMake/vtkQt.cmake

-S